Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Want to know something cool?

 I though I would write a quick post on a great credit card processing companies. I used the old machine where I had to pay a % to the CC companies and then I had to pay a monthly fee for the machine and who knows how many more fees!

The studio where I work is owned by two artists. The day to day operations are done by my boss Doug, and my other boss is Jim Mckelvey. Jim is not around much because he is the co-founder along with Jack Darcy of Square

If you are looking for a CC processing company Square works with smart phones and a small unit to swipe your cards. The fees are very low and it is super easy to sign up for. 


I have been using it for a couple of years and have little to no trouble with it. Sometimes you may not be able to connect with service so you may have to take the information and key in the card and process it later.

It really is a great way to take cards at shows. 


5 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

We love our Square! It has been super easy to use and no hassles like we had with the knuckle buster and the fees to use it. There has been a couple times where didn't have cell phone service and we just took all the information from the customer and when we got home ran their information and it was done! I also love the feature that you can text or email the customer their receipt!
Awesome post and I am all for doing a shout out about the Square!

stacilouise said...

I lOVE square!

Numinosity said...

I used to have to use the knuckle buster and hook my machine up to a phone sometimes a day or two later after a show and just HOPE that the card was good. And then there was the question of destroying the receipts later. Then it seems like the monthly fees were getting higher and higher.
So in love with square except sometimes I have to swipe 5 times or so to authorize. It was great seeing how many at the gem show had switched over to them.
One drawback though now is that if someone leaves their card at your booth there's no way to contact them.
I always had their phone number etc.written the old way with the paper receipts.

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Bill has one of these and what a difference it made at the last two shows! It is not very expensive and VERY easy to use...... so convenient and definitely brought sales that might not have happened with people that don't carry lots of cash!

Kelli said...

I have Intuit. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! WHAT an incredible difference it has made for me. I've been at work and had people wanting to charge special orders. Even if I don't have the "swiper" with me, I can still run the charge manually on my Iphone. I've never had any issues with it! One of the best inventions EVER!!!! :)

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...