Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Own March Madness!

Happy Friday everyone!

I thought I would do a 'check in' and share with you a creative technique that I am doing for the month of March.

I love March because it is basketball season! I grew up in Arkansas, and am a big college basketball fan. While I was talking about this season's tournaments with my husband, the thought came to me to try and come up with three hoop designs every week in honor of basketball, and how much fun I had as kid playing it and watching it with my family.

Concentrating on a particular design element is a great way to really stretch those creative muscles. It's not like I don't know this...but over the last couple of months, I had a temporary creative lapse.

When we started Boot Camp here, I got a fresh reminder about how fun, and creative it is, to limit your options when it comes to thinking out of the creative box.  By 'boxing' yourself in to one or two elements to concentrate on, you are able to creatively riff on one idea and it will lead to many others.

Here is an example of my three hoops for this week. It's the same basic design, but I varied it with different metals, different beads, textures and bead caps, along with size.

Just as there are lots of ways to shoot hoops...there are many ways to create hoops too!

Fun!!!









6 comments:

somethingunique said...

I always enjoy your creations ..you are über talented....maybe a tutorial on soldering posts...I just got my rio order and my new torch...excited to finally add some post earrings to my creations.. have a wonderful evening Miss Stacie...xox...

somethingunique said...

PS...the Soul to Substance button link isn't working..:)

Michelle said...

ohhh and ahhh .. i think these hoops look fantastic, very unique. Thanks for sharing your creative process!

Kelli said...

Love them!!! Hope your razorbacks do better than my cats!!!! Its been quite a rough season for big blue. :(

Mystic Indigo said...

Kelli...I know...I am really so excited to be moving back to Arkansas...and thank you all for the comments...I've got to some up with another 3 hoops before tomorrow!!!

Shel said...

Oh Stacie - these are super awesome hoops!! Love how creative you are w/these - great design.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...