Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jewelry trends for spring 2015


Carol Dekle-Foss

Hello everyone! I took a few weeks to relax before the new year so I could refocus my intentions and gain clarity as to what I wanted to accomplish in 2015. It was good for my soul, so now I'm fired up for the new year!  I've hit the ground running...literally.  With my Fitbit snugly on my wrist I've managed to avoid the holiday weight gain by working out almost everyday. 

So keeping healthy is one goal I have for 2015, but I am also working on jewelry pieces for magazine submissions, craft fair and festival applications, and revamping my website. In a few weeks it's back to school where I will be continuing to learn French. Also, My father has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's so a lot of my time will be spent taking care of him. It should prove to be a very busy year, but I am determined to make it the best yet!!!

I recently took a peek at the latest jewelry trends for spring 2015. I should say I never follow trends but some of these have roused my creative juices! 

Here are a few of them that have piqued my interest:

Chunky necklaces

Staci Louise Smith nails this look with her bold and dramatic necklaces. I love how she is able to create such perfect asymmetry.


Irregular Earrings 



Earrings that are irregular and unbalanced. I love these earrings by Kelli Pope for their deep sweeping curves and a pop of black beads placed in just the right spot.
Chokers


Chokers in a variety of shapes, styles and gems. I've always loved chokers so this look has me really excited! After reading about the new trends, I immediately headed to the studio to create this necklace

Brass metal


Bold statements in brass. Karen McGovern created this beautiful brass wire heart pendant with a cute little red enameled drop. 

Boho with a modern twist


Boho meets deco. Barbara Bechtel made these lovely star and crystal boho earrings that have a rustic and linear look.    

So those are some of my favorite trends for this year! What about you? Do you keep up to date on the latest trends or completely ignore them? Do tell!

5 comments:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I wish I could say I keep up with the trends, but alas, no! A day late and a dollar short...that's my motto! :) BTW: LOVE the choker you made, especially the leaves!

I am so sorry to read about your father- will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Carol Dekle said...

Thank you Patti! That's how I am too. I usually just do my own thing, but I was a little intrigued by what they were saying were the new trends. Of course the handmade community is the REAL trendsetters:)

Thank you so much for the prayers for my family! My father has his good and bad days.

lakesuperiorwaves said...

Wishing you the best with your father's health and hoping for a great deal of inspiration for you.

baymoondesign said...

Healing thoughts to you and your family!

Barbara said...

Carol, You are so fierce! Meeting the new year with force! You are such a great part of our team! Your posts are always so inspiring! I love that choker...SWOON!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...